Monday, February 13, 2006

It's all about the music baby!

SO today I was a very mellow me. I woke up at 11 - which means i slept for 10 hours. I think i overcompensated for the 5 hours i had yesterday. I got up and had breakfast/lunch [cold pasta...ummm yummy]. Filled out the licence renewal form for my mum and then got dressed and took the bus to the local shops. Ran into my mum at Coles - talk about luck [not!]. But i told her i was just gonna take the bus home cause she wanted to go home soon and i just got there. I was looking for a gift bag for Sophans present. I can finally give it to her tomorrow. Anyways i also bought two packs of hair dye - cost me over $30, which is really bad because Im eating up all my savings. I then took the bus back home at 2:25 and got my ipod and listened to music until 5:50. I only got off my bed four times - first to get some coke and ice and then to go to pee twice [you guys totally didnt need to know that...haha] and the last time was to go eat dinner. It was a really good day - i had a listen to some of the music that Cas suggested to me and i wrote up the list for her. I'm just going to write it on this blog because it's easier for me [I say if there is a hard way to do things, there must also be an easy way, haha].




NOTE: They're not a list of my favourite songs - just songs that you should have a listen to. And also the list is not very long because I know you already have most of the songs that I have.

  1. Ain't Got No I Got Life - Nina Simone
  2. Are You The One - The Presets
  3. Crazy Love - Harry Manx
  4. Mia's Mouse - The Presets
  5. Shiney Happy People - REM
  6. The Drugs Don't work - The Verve
  7. Mr Writer - Stereophonics
  8. Strange Fruit - Nina Simone
  9. Since I Feel For You - Dinah Washington
  10. Smooth Operator - Sade [I got it off Fun With Dick And Jane-so, so lame of me. haha]
  11. Not A Lot To Do - The Zutons
  12. Even - Kenny G & Aaron Neville [Off the Bodyguard - you know you love the movie!]
  13. Fast Car - Tracy Chapman
  14. Feeling Good - Nina Simone
  15. When You're Smiling [The Whole World Smiles With You] - Louis Armstrong
  16. Here I Dreamt I Was an Architect - The Decemberists
  17. This Years Love - David Gray
  18. Losing My Religion - REM
  19. Nothing Compares To You - Sinead O'Connor [I loved her when i was in primary school - My friend gave me her Cassette. The Good ol' days.]
  20. If I Could Change The World - Eric Clapton
  21. Somebody That I Used To Know - Elliott Smith [one of his less depressing songs]
  22. Blue Train - John Coltrane [famous Jazz musician...just instrumentals though]
  23. Don't It Make My Brown Eyes Blue - Jolene Parsons [it's a bit country but i like it for some reason]
  24. Nice Dream - Radiohead [you may already have this one]
  25. Kissing the Lipless - The Shins [i love the beginning]
  26. Polly Wolly Doddle - Shirley Temple [hahaha-this one is a classic i tell ya!]
  27. Revelator - Gillian Welsh [Ben Lee and Missy Higgins love this song]
  28. The Start Of Something - Voxtrot
  29. It Ain't Over Til Its Over - Lenny Kravitz
  30. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper [hahahahaha - so true, so true!]

WELL, there you go. I managed to come up with a list of 30. Didn't think i'd make it. And yeah, I know some are just shockers. But I couldnt come up with anything better so these are the ones you're stuck with!



4 Comments:

At 11:07 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Haha thanks for that Sarorth. its a very ah........interesting list. haha. Go Shirley Temple!!!! nah, i shall keep an open mind and give them a go i promise. i've got some of them already anyways, so i can't really talk. lol.

 
At 2:16 pm, Blogger sar86 said...

Hahaha yeah, whats with the 'song' 'Banana Skit' you suggested. hahaha - talk about quality lyrics. Ba-na-na: I bet that took them a while to come up with. hahahaha. But like i promised, i listened to them all.

 
At 2:28 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey now don't be saying bad stuff about that song. haha. she made that song coz when she moved to England from Sri Lanka, she had to learn English and she just found it really hard to pronounce the word 'banana'. the songs just supposed to be about the little things refugees have to go through when they come to a new country. so there! every song has a story my friend.

 
At 2:36 pm, Blogger sar86 said...

Oh I see, i knew there was a reason you put that on the list...I just think it still could have been better written to tell that story. Yeah, im just being a bit harsh on her. It's not as though i could do a better job. hahaha

 

Post a Comment

<< Home