Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Things i never really knew about myself

I'l start this post on a really good note. The other day I found out something really cool about myself, according to my 10 year old brother I am the funny sister...well I thought that was cool, particularly when he called both of my sisters, the 'angry sister' - hahaha. Oh life in the eyes of a 10 year, so cute and funny.

On another note, Saturday night...hmm lets say it wasn't what either of us expected. I have some pictures and maybe you guys can get an idea. It wasn't too bad in the beginning - we went and saw 'Prime' which had it's really funny bits [oh and they played one of my favourite songs in the movie - Shelter by Ray LaMontagne, it was funny how excited Cas and I got when we realised. losers we are, losers we are. All in all the movie was alright, not the sentimental type that i still can't get used to, although the ending was abrupt, as though the writers had no idea how to resolve the movie...

Yes after the movie though things just kept getting better and better...haha, not really. After having dinner [well cas watched as i ate - she already had dinner at home] we went over to one of the Irish pubs at the hyperdome [i think it's gilhooley's] and man oh man - lets just say 'Boot Scootn' and 'YMCAn' just wasn't gonna happen. Not to mention, the guys were so sleasy! There was this asian man who had his eyes fixated on us the whole time - it was really uncomfortable. So we left and walked over to Fitzy's M Bar. I think it was just not our night. The music was absolutely crapola, amateur RnB - we could not make out a word they were saying and they looked like the worst 'try hards' with the t-shirt tucked in their pants and with a durag [this happened to be 'RnB finals - which if we'd known, we would have gone to the valley]. Total, utter ignorance at the the significance of the the durag and total disrespect for the African American slaves. I should also mention that the facilities were an absolute shocker - only 2 of the 4 toilets were working in beginning, which then became 1 at the end of the night...hmmm dodgy. Somehow we endured the night there although i would put this down to good company.

So i think that pretty much illustrates our night.

At the M Bar...Oh yeah, it was really happening...

1 Comments:

At 10:59 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Arghhh!! i told you to delete that photo!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home