Monday, January 02, 2006

All work and no play

Just got a call from veasna, my co-worker as of last week. She can't work this wednesday because she has an appointment. Seeing as there are only 3 people working at Bright Eyes, i cant really say no to filling in for her. Wednesday would have been my only break this week...i will now work a seven day week which totally goes against my ideals on work and industrial relations. Sigh...

I love my job and each day i learn something about people and life that i would not otherwise learn but it is exhausting and lacks stimulation.

To compensate for this i have altered a picture of myself...i experimented with colour and originally thought of this idea yesterday when i was feeling a bit tired. The concept is relates to life and wanting to escape from reality for a while...being able to just cut yourself off, just as you would with a picture in a magazine or book. It also reminds me of this thing i read in a book i bought today...from the words of Vincent van Gogh:
"...Whoever lives sincerely and encounters much trouble and disappointment
without being bowed down is worth more than one who has always sailed
before the wind and has only known relative prosperity".November 1878.
You guys should read about him, he has so much more to him than his art. Although emotionally fragile, he was kind, had a sharp mind and had an interesting perspective on life. One word, Genius.



SIDE NOTE: now that i have read over what he has written, it doesn't relate much to the picture. But then again my mind is complex and maybe i lost what it was that i was thinking.

So hope all is well with you all and maybe i will see you around. maybe...

2 Comments:

At 4:09 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my goodness sarorth, what the fuck are you on about???? haha. you do indeed have a complex mind don't you? I like it!!!!!!

 
At 10:08 pm, Blogger sar86 said...

Don't worry - my mind was made so that even i would not understand what i was going on about sometimes. haha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home