Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Aren't we all so excited...

The current comment dry spell has convinced me that I need to post on this blog of mine. So what is there to say? Well i'm back at uni - I had a lecture today. Property Law - yep, it's as interesting as it sounds. I was struggling to keep awake at the last 30mins or so when he started talking about property rights and the laws of nature. It was all a dizzying blur for me. I guess it wasn't such a good idea to sit near the front because when i'm puzzled, you'l normally be able to tell. Although it did make me feel better that Jill was more noticeably bored. Well I was sitting next to her and it looked to me like she was falling asleep. haha. I paid for my uni fees and bought one textbook and one reader...so that's $400 gone. I only have to buy a textbook for one other subject so i guess its not too bad. But it does still leave me broke.

There are also quite a few birthdays coming up...Lara just had her 21st, and we celebrated by going to the 3 Monkeys in West End. It was a really good day, except for the sudden rain. I must say, it was a really good day to be carrying a bag with a camera and camera accessories. Oh and if you ever do go to West End, dont go to the Konica camera shop - those people are WIERD. I walked in and asked them if they had the batteries i needed, i showed them the battery. The wife [i assume she was anyways] went to the cabinet and got out a battery and started just kinda staring at it. I then said to her, yeah thats the one. Its a CR123A, thats the right one. And then there she is still looking at the battery i gave her still trying to work out what type of battery it was. And the husband, he was even more clueless kept asking me what i needed it for...well obviously, im in a camera/copy store - itl be either. And since photocopiers dont have tiny batteries it would be the former. And then to kinda alienate me even more - the man starts talking in vietnamese to his wife. So I was kinda staring at the battery with a blank look on my face too - wondering how a simple transaction could turn into something so complicated. Eventually she gave me the batteries and I went off on my merry way...straight into the pouring rain. I had to run across the road and in that 15secs or so i was soaked.

Anyways on to my initial thought, I just got Lara some stuff from the Body Shop - it did end up costing more than I initially planned to spend but I suppose it's her 21st so its quite a special time. So thats pretty much all that's happened, next week i should have much more interesting things to talk about...well that's the idea anyways. Who know's, Cas's birthday might end up being extraordinarily boring...especially if she's intending to spend the day with me and pin. hahahahaha.

I have pictures now, Lara hasn't sent me the group shots yet so these'l do.



Those sparkles were so cool. Oh and that cake was really, really good!

6 Comments:

At 8:02 pm, Blogger Elliott Scott said...

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say the comment dry-spell is cuz there's not enough pictures! MORE MORE MORE!

 
At 8:12 pm, Blogger sar86 said...

I heed your advice - the pictures are coming...It does take a while for people to send them to me. In the meantime I have posted a couple of photos.

 
At 1:59 pm, Blogger sar86 said...

All is good. Getting back into the whole uni thing, as in - not doing much.

 
At 12:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

there's the sarcastic little sarorth we all know and love. she's back, yay!!!! yeah i agree, you definitely need more pictures. makes things a WHOLE lot more interesting.

 
At 3:37 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

bahahahahaha. i just looked, like, REALLY looked at those photos and that one of you with Laura is an absolute shocker. hahaha. nice sarorth, nice.

 
At 7:58 pm, Blogger sar86 said...

Hahaha - yes i am well aware that the photo is a shocker. But can you believe it's the best one of Laura and me?! There was another photo where we were in a laughing fit. So clare being the photographer at the time, thought it would be just great to take a snapshot of that moment. We looked demented...but a happy kind of demented. hahahaha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home